4318 Armitage Dr.
Durham, NC, 27703
Innovative Sound Designer with over 22 years game industry
experience, seeking a position as part of a challenging, fast paced team to create truly extraordinary sound for AAA games.
2006- Present Vicious Cycle Software, Inc. Chapel Hill,
Senior Sound Designer
- Responsible for creating, editing, and mixing all sounds for games on multiple
- Process all dialog and import assets into the Vicious Engine for use in
- Manage and prepare outsourced music assets for use in the Vicious
Sony Computer Entertainment America San Diego, CA
Senior Sound Designer – Audio Post Group
- Responsible for creating, editing, and mixing movie soundtracks for PS/2
- Occasionally responsible for creating soundtracks for marketing and Cinematics
Group related movies, commercials, television specials, and presentations.
- Provide assistance on projects as required including creation of in-game assets,
processing dialog, field recording, and assisting others with creation of assets.
2002-2003 Insomniac Games, Inc. Burbank, CA
- Responsible for creation and non-coded implementation of Sound Effects and Sound
Banks on the PS/2 platform.
- Used Proprietary tools to integrate sounds and animations for in game
- Used Maya to add audio related assets for game levels - triggers and emitters
for environmental audio.
- Responsible for editing and mixing movie soundtracks for PS/2
2000-2001 Sound Werx Applied Technologies Wilmington,
Director of Operations
- Responsible for daily production and technical operations in a Sound
- Responsible for resource allocation and project management.
- Developed, implemented, and administered an NT Server based network.
- Performed all duties required as a Sound Designer/Recording
MicroProse Software/ Hasbro Interactive Hunt Valley, MD
Senior Sound Designer
- Responsible for creation, recording, processing and mixing of all digital audio
assets for movie soundtracks using a variety of PC and MAC based hardware and software, including field recording, synthesis, sound libraries and Foley techniques.
- Used Microsoft Office to provide appropriate documentation for projects and
- Used in house tools and assembly language to create FM sound
Published titles includes numerous award winning and Hall of Fame
God of War, Ratchet and Clank, Civilization II Test of Time, European Air War,
Falcon 4.0, Gunship!, Magic: The Gathering, Civilization II + scenarios. See attached list.
1986 Lincoln Technical Institute
1984-1985 University of Maryland
ProTools, Digital Performer, WaveConvert, Sound Forge, DirectX
Plug-ins, Microsoft Office, proprietary audio tools (Sony Scream and Vicious Engine)
Responsible for care and maintenance of Macintosh Computers
and Software and Audio Hardware (Basically the front line of IT support for Macs in the audio department)